Tuesday, February 20, 2007

Fly on V-Wing

"I know what you're thinking: 'Did he fire six shots or only five?' Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement, I've kinda lost track myself. But being this is a .44 Magnum, the most powerful handgun in the world, and would blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: 'Do I feel lucky?' Well, do ya, punk?"
There is something about that expression "clean off" that cracks me up. It came to mind because last night, before our darts match with "Take it Easy," I wired out and the barrel of my dart broke clean off. What a pain. Le Goat lent me his needles for my game though, so it was not too bad. They knew their way around the board on their own. I fired off a note to Harrows and to 9Dart to see if they will replace them. Wait and see I guess. In the mean time, I will go back to my Power Points. With the alarming number of bounce-outs these days, it may be a good idea anyway.

All games last night were close...Damn. Always good games with the lads from Dolce Vida. A couple of triples here and there would have put us in the win column a few more times, but the season is still young. SaKu is going to get on a hot streak soon and then there will be trouble. That team game is getting under everyone's skin these days. We haven't won that bastard yet. Next week...next week.

My poor V-Wings:

2 comments:

The Goat said...

Lifting this pic and throwing it on sewa to see if it is a common occurrence.

VonJackass said...

Hey John...glad you made your way over here. Welcome to the darts, hockey and general bullshit fray!