Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Revenge on the B Team

Last night we ventured into the musty basement known as "Blue Frog" to lock horns with the "B Team" looking to avenge our hapless performance earlier in the season. We managed to pull through, but barely. Yeob got the ball rolling by handing out a solid ass kicking and then TK did the same. The Big C drew their cricket marksman for the third match and had him on the ropes in cricket but lost in a photo finish...hell of a game though. I went to warm up during their 01 game, and they must've been throwing some big numbers cuz it seemed to be over in a matter of seconds. I had a very strange match...the guy lead off by throwing a 7 mark against me in cricket, then hitting the triple 20 a couple of times while aiming at 18 to take a commanding lead after 9 darts each. I was finally able to get something going though and worked him on the 17's 16's and 15's to erase his lead and beat him to the bulls. Steady 01 games, but ended up losing 2 close games in the end, then Yeob and I were able to exact our revenge in doubles 01 by playing steady and coming out on top. Cricket was really close, but Colin and TK ended up dropping their games, which left us tied going into the team game. For once (actually the second time) we actually threw some big numbers and dished out a fairly decisive win to take the night.

Alley Ratz Thursday and Take It Easy on Monday to round out the season. Should be a great week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah, you guys will have a lot to say about who finishes on top of our division. I intend to be out there Thursday cheering y'all on against the Ratz. Then come Monday I will be sending out some mind rays that turn 20's into 1's...

John

The Goat said...

Sounds fun. I will not be there on Thursday night as I have a recurring...uh...appointment. Am really looking forward to Monday as well.

I guess I will have to hit the practice board pretty hard this week as I have not thrown since my sudden departure....

VonJackass said...

We hope to be able to sweep our remaining 38 games to leave ourselves in first place...haha

I was disheartened to hear that after our hard fought battle with the B Team the other night that Eberhardt had a walk through against FFOD because the boys from Hollywoods didn't have enough players and had to play with a ghost player...bogus jive. We will have our hands full to make up ground on them, but then again, there are never any easy wins these days at the oche.

No worries about thursday, I think we should be okay. Yeob is working at Bless U that night, so he will be there for sure...TK has darts fever now, so he is a lock. The Big C and I for sure...no word from Koichi yet

Anonymous said...

Interesting wrinkle based on the playoff format/brackets Max sent out today.

It appears at worst you will have the #1 wild card slot. Which means depending on who finishes first (and your team is a big factor in deciding that) the Blessed Bulls will either play Alley Ratz or Take it Easy in the first round.

So, who do you prefer?

John