Tuesday, April 24, 2007

SIDL UPDATE

Sorry for not blogging lately...busy with a paper and midterms and general messing around.

We were scheduled for a key match up last night against the Alley Ratz, but unfortunately, they were a few players short, so they contacted me over the weekend to reschedule for some future date yet to be determined. It was unfortunate for me, as yesterday was one of the only Mondays that I didn't have to work, so I would have been able to get out there early and throw for a while instead of just jumping straight into a game. On the other hand, we are without our key piece of livestock, The Goat, as he is back home with the family for the time being. I'm sure he will relish a rematch with the Ratz in the upcoming weeks.

The Blessed Bulls (AKA Blue Bulls) had an eventful practice and mini tournament in Bless U. TK and I met out there early and chatted with a few A division dudes and the "Lady Survivors" until they left for their game. The Big C and SY showed up right after that and we got down to business. Many darts were thrown, several glasses emptied, and relentless jabs were thrown at Seung Yeob about his tongue ring. We had a lot of really good games, and it would appear that SY is out of his slump and ready for playoff action (could it be the tongue ring acting as a homing device?). Koichi had to meet some clients and couldn't get there til around midnight, when he floated into the pub using his eyelids as oars. All in all a fun time...I hadn't been out for a couple of weeks, and I think that cured my cabin fever.

In other notes:
- I didn't win my bet with LVJ about who was going to become the new "Apprentice." I had Frankie pegged early on to win it all...she had Heidi. I watched the finale episode last night when I got home and I must say it was pretty lame.
- Flames are out.
- Vancouver is in.
- Been listening to the games on NHL.com, which is not the best, but better than nothing. Radio announcers seem to generally be pretty biased, so it gives me more chances to mock them and yell obscenities at the computer rather than at the TV. At least now I can tell my kids?? or grandkids???? things like "I remember listening to that game on the radio!" which brings me one step closer to being an old man.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just a heads up, that missed game must be made up PRIOR to the end of the season, which by my reckoning gives you just about two weeks.

Yeah, and I already reached "old man" status. I listened to Koufax throw his no-hitter against the Cubs (and the Cubs pitcher gave up only one hit) on the AM radio in my Dad's '64 Rambler. I was 10 years old. The Dodgers won 1-0 on an error, a stolen base, and a single.

I grew up in SoCal so I have no hockey memories.

John

VonJackass said...

I thought you might have some fond memories of listening to Ernie Hicke streaking down the wing for the California Golden Seals?

The Goat said...

Tried to post one last night but I guess it did not go through.

Thanks for the update. Things are still pretty crappy here though. Will be back Tuesday I think.

Go Sens Go.