Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Geckos Shenanigans

Darts at Geckos last night proved to be a good time. Geckos is on "The List" for its piss poor service and staff that are about as friendly as the anger management support group that meets there every second Tuesday of the month. No incidents with the staff last night though, as they never once approached us...

At any rate, on to the darts...I lead off again, which was a diamond for me last season, but is getting mixed results so far. I kicked off the match by getting taken to the cleaners in cricket. I was in need of a sherpa to navigate me towards the cricket numbers as I continuously pounded triple 2's (seemed like I hit it about 10 times...may have been 17 times, may have only been once...who knows). 01 was much better as I got in the groove, but the guy I was playing was throwing cricket like a maniac last night and put me out of my misery in the third. He played a hell of a cricket game again I must say.


Colin has been playing really well as of late and kicked ass. TK was depressed about something but held on to win. The Goat ate a tin can and then handed out a beating. Doubles went as planned as well, but I'll be damned if we could close out that team game.


TK and I won '01 2 straight, but when I looked at the sheet at the end of the night, it was marked 2-1, so I double checked with the lads and sure enough, it was 2 straight; however, the Geckos chaps seemed to have developed sudden memory loss and "couldn't remember." I wanted to check with the scorer to be sure (he was from their team and surely would remember struggling with mathematics through 3 games instead of 2) but he was mysteriously not to be found. I suggested giving him a buzz, which was at first rejected, but then they finally rang him and he confirmed that we had swept it. Kind of a strange feeling at the end though...it seemed like they thought I was trying to be a jerk about it, but I wasn't at all...I just wanted to make sure it was correct.

I spent the day today practicing a new stance and technique that I think will improve my score immensely in next week's match. I double checked the rules and didn't see anything wrong with it whatsoever. Here I am this afternoon firing a few darts around in my back yard as The Goat and TK look on...not a treble 2 the whole afternoon. I think I'm cured.



1 comment:

The Goat said...

bleh...Gecko's is not on "The List"! One of the criteria for being on the list is that it is a place that you would actually want to go but cannot due to dumbassery! I suppose the sammy had there once (after waiting an hour or so) was ok...but nowhere near good enough to want to go back!

I agree with you somewhat on the board thing. At the very latest, the boards should be clear for the competing teams to warm up on from 7:00 onwards.

"You can really spin a yarn..." That is nice speak for "you are full of shit".

He makes us laugh, John, that's why we keep him around.