Thursday, March 22, 2007

VJ - "Darts and Ninjitsu don't mix."



I thought I had been throwing darts about as accurately as throwing banana peels at road signs from a car window, so I bought this new practice board to try to sharpen up my game. I'm not really sure if it is helping though, as I can't seem to find the 20's, doubling out is all but impossible, I could barely finish a game of cricket, hitting the bull sets a satanic ritual in motion and if you happen to hit one of the dudes in pajamas, friends and neighbours are stricken with searing pain in a voodoo effect. Strangely, I have still been nailing that "1" in the bottom right corner very consistently. The manual that came with it recommended various strategies of defeating your opponent though, including:
  • salting someone's eyes when they are at the line
  • debilitating nerve pinches while shaking hands
  • joint manipulation (the human kind...not the smokey kind)
  • catching opponents darts out of the air before they hit the board
  • hiding in a shadow of the bar and shoulder rolling to the line when it is your turn
  • making your opponents eyes water by wearing a tight, black, full body jump suit.
  • humming or whistling at the fundamental frequency of your opponent's darts, making them disintegrate in the air.
  • throwing a few darts "just a bit inside" to brush your opponent back off the line
Playing the top team in the other division this week, so I will put these to the test. Unfortunately, I am going to have to work until 730 on Mondays now, so I might be playing a bit less, or maybe just a bit later. Aw hell, by that time of the evening, students are sick of being in class (as am I) so I'm sure we can all compromise and get out of there early!

2 comments:

VonJackass said...

That will probably work on the Canadian and Japanese darting enthusiasts on the team, but the Korean contingent seems impervious to the evils of tequila.

Just to be on the safe side, I will be wearing a fake mouth next time we play, just in case.

The Goat said...

Pirates > Ninjas